Tuesday, November 04, 2008

We Voted!

Today was the big day! We got up early and put on our best dud's. I even donned my cowboy hat, boots, and lucky belt buckle.

The first pic is of our local polling place. I know, I know...you are thinking I must live in Beverly Hills or some place equally as affluent, but you would be wrong. Just because I live in the middle of Redneck Estates doesn't mean that we play things down. In fact, some thought the fancy facility might take away from the event at hand; it was decided that we should just leave the antenna standing and go ahead and allow the voter's to use the executive parking facility. I think it just added to the grand event taking place.


If you look close, you can see an elder gent in the white whip (car) and a dog in the white pickup truck wondering who I was and why was I taking their picture. I was fortunate to have gotten that shot. As we were pulling away, I could see security swarming in the rear view mirror.



This pic of the princess is my 6-yr. old Katie. She was excited because I let her drive down our driveway. Actually she steered as I held her on my lap, but to her, she was the pilot. I wish though that she would quit sticking her tongue out every time the camera comes out.


Was a big day indeed...

No comments: