Thursday, November 20, 2008

Brave New Life

I've finally decided to share a bit that is going on in our lives.

For some time we have worked with a company that provides in-store promotions for primarily Wal-Mart; in addition to other retailers. We've been doing this for a few years and are quite good at it.

A little while ago we got word that Wal-Mart was going to select one company to go with and they did. The company they chose is a giant and had the strength to leverage the move, which means we have no work.

At first we were angry, then came the fear that is associated with the current economic times we are in. Out of Work! Not a very comforting situation to be in. We pulled on our pants of courage and on we push.

We also do other contract work and are being a bit successful in securing more contracts/clients. We're very resourceful and have to just push on. This is not the worst we've seen as a family and I'm quite confident we will do well.. In fact, we usually do just the opposite of that which society seems to be doing. In easy times we usually see hard times. In hard times...we are successful as it provides a time for survival through quick and responsive resourcefulness.

In other direction's we have decided to pursue a business that we have prayed hard on and truly believe will be a success. It is one business that does not pay any attention to time's or economy. If it doesn't' work, it will only be for a lack on my part. I can accept that. I truly don't mind taking responsibility for what I do. I see it much better than living at the will of someone else.

Is it better to be a successful slave, or fail while being a free man. I can live with myself.

If you want to be Right...Do RIGHT!

No comments: