Friday, November 21, 2008

Some Good Work

A couple of weeks ago my brother Dab called and asked if I could design a retail catalog for one of his clients. I told him I thought I could and sent him a copy of one I had created as a prototype.

The client liked it and a few days later I was sitting with her designing a catalog. I was told it would probably just be more like an eight page brochure. It turned out to be over forty pages.

After the preliminary work we met again and made some changes and finalized it for her to take to the publisher.

She was happy...I was happy, and Dab was happy.

I really enjoyed this kind of work and hope to do more of it.

Also the money came in very handy. I have been planning for some ten years to someday buy a sawmill so I could process lumber from tree to furniture with no middle-person (I am being politically correct) taking their share.

Last week I ordered the mill and expect to receive it today.

I am excited at the prospect it will provide and pray it will be a good investment.

No comments: