Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finally Slow Enough To Get Some Work Done

With the slow down in work, I am finally getting back to building the kitchen cabinets. Got the old cabinet off the wall and built a new surround for the wall mount oven. What a difference some re-purposed wood makes.

Had Sam help with cleaning the chimney last week and building that first fire couldn't have been more timely or appreciated. I love semi-free heat. All it takes is a small amount of gas, a chainsaw, a son big enough to split the wood, and a pile of kid's to tackle the pile of wood and it's nothing but nice and toasty evenings.

Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

I like semi-free heat, too. Only ours only heats the living room/kitchen area since it's a cheesy fireplace insert, but I suspect every little bit helps!
:0) Nice that your kiddos don't mind working! Dang! I knew I shoulda kept trying for a boy, LOL!

Gimped Redneck said...

well...I'll tell ya, around here, sweat is sweat and everyone earns a spot at the dinner table...lol.

Our house has a fireplace with an insert. When I first fired it up, it didn't do much other than burn wood. I've since attached two blower's and it does an fine job of heating the house.

I'm working on a solar heating panel system which will generate and circulate heat with absolutely no energy input. It's a fairly simple system...just have to get a little slower around here so I can build & install them.