Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Bang My Head Till It's Empty...

I've been having trouble posting here recently. Not like I have a strong track record, but now that I am back into my stride, I have plenty to say, just not stuff that aligns with this particular blog. Some active stuff happening on my, "Who Made Who" blog, but I can't seem to keep my political thoughts contained to it alone.
This blog is all about My family and our going's on, yet I want to jump on my soap box and start preaching.
What I've decided to do is this. I am going to go ahead and post some of my political observations amongst all else that is going on in my life. After all, I am a very political minded person and politics are part of what's going on in my life.
So get ready for some of my politically spiced stew.
Sarah Palin~
What I don't like:
  • Her Hokey talk, winks, constant smile and never ending nod.
  • ----I'll be honest here. Being a redneck, I am quite fluent in "hee-hawnik's". Not that I am proud of this attribute...it's who I am. Just ask anyone who knows me. I could be Cooter from the Duke's of Hazzard (serious).
  • I grew very tired from her one speech that took place all over and up to her vice presidential debate.
  • ----To be honest, I know that I couldn't do any better so I'll try to withhold judgement.
  • I was not impressed with how she steered her answer's totally away from the question.
  • ----On the other hand, she was honest in how she only spoke of what she knew. Is it six weeks now that she's been on the ticket. She's really doing an impressive job. The more time she puts in, the more she will know and be able to do.
  • ----In her lack, she's also shown that she doesn't back down and can put up a good fight. I've done some research and found that she's been running a straight path.
  • ----being a professional salesman I understand what she's doing. I have to be very careful in my representation of my product. I am hired to sell a product based on it's good points. At the same time I have to be VERY careful to keep my presentation honest and in the best interest of both my clientele and customer. Not always easy, but I can easily live with myself, which I believe she can also. When someone points out a lack in my product, I promote two advantages.
  • I don't like that my family doesn't know her family on a personal level
  • ----Oh well. Maybe some day that will change. Who knows?

What I do like:

  • Her unwavering devotion to her family
  • ----A very big thing with me. This is most of the reason I couldn't support the Clinton's. You just don't cheat on your family. Bill not only betrayed his wife, but also his child and extended family. He betrayed my family in being in such a position and lowering it to such a low moral basement. If a person cannot be trusted within his/her own household, how can they be trusted with a nation?
  • Her professed Christian conviction.
  • ----Fit's my family well. We have the same outlook and hopefully she will help us realize a nation that will remove the stigma that Christian's now feel in this nation.
  • Her patriotic stance.
  • ----Having family member's in the military in some form from every war and conflict from the American revolution all the way to Iraq, we cannot hold anything but a patriotic stance.
  • Her hokey tenor and simple standard in speech.
  • ----While I noted this as a dislike, I also see it as an approach that is not so polluted with the speech of the scholarly elitist nobility that even the simplest and most uncomplicated of us can easily understand what she's actually saying.
  • Her obvious disapproval of the gay lifestyle and lack of support for "gay" rights.
  • ----Now I'm showing my true color (yes my neck is red)! When I see a gay man talking funny or a woman dressing and behaving like a man, I do look at them. They are not fitting in what I know as normal, just like when I use a cane on a bad day or wear shorts that show my scars. I get many a stare. That's just how every person is made. You do or be something that doesn't fit the norm, people will notice and sometimes respond; and always react in some form.
  • ----As far as "gay rights" or any other singled out right for a specified minority group, I don't agree with it. Until I get "special" rights for being a hee-haw speaking, hairy, gimped redneck, I will hold this stance. While I have native blood that could get me special rights in the Cherokee Nation (a nation within a nation? Does this make sense?), I don't get anything that any other plain and unremarkable citizen receives. I pay my full load of taxes and put in my fare share of work. As an American citizen, I reserve the rights of my federal and state constitution's. Nothing more and nothing less. After all, are we not all special and unique in our own world and should we not all live on a playing field with one singular horizon. Not one of us deserves any right that all of us are entitled to.
  • She knows how to use and actually likes her gun's (right to bear arms)
  • ----Some who read this might be shocked to know that I have four children and also have gun's in my home. Yes, that's right. This is my right as an American citizen. How can I do this? Not one of my children sees a gun as anything other that a tool of death. They fully understand that a gun is designed to kill. Nothing less. They all at an appropriate age ( one boy & three girl's) learn how to use them. They are taught to NEVER play with a gun. Even when playing at a neighbor's house with toy gun's (we really don't have any toy gun's other than the occasional squirt gun) they are told to not point them at each other. In the event that they might pick up a gun, they are taught to know how to use it and to never aim unless they are ready to kill. That is the sole purpose of a gun. Don't shoot to injure!
  • ----What would constitute a reason to take up a gun in our household? To be honest, my gun's are solely for the occasional copperhead, rabid skunk or other animal that is threatening us or our animals. Basically protection from dangerous animal intruders.
  • ----Rules for using the gun's in my house: Never fire without having clear sight at what you are shooting at. Always aim for the head as injuring a dangerous animal will most likely result in making the situation worse and sometimes even deadly. Never touch a gun unless you know how to properly load, handle, and when to remove the safety. Every person in this house knows that to take up a gun means to bring death. To be honest, other than target practice, our guns have not been fired in I don't know how many years.
  • ----Attitude is everything in regards to guns. Gun's are not toys and we don't have toy's that are fashioned to resemble guns. Gun's represent death and are respected and feared as such. Not one time has any person in this house taken up a gun out of curiosity or play (my tattle-tale is the dust that gathers on the cases and a clean case would be a warning for me--I check for this quite regularly).
  • She has a large family
  • ----I have a large family. Part of my test for leadership goes like this. If I can feel comfortable trusting someone with my family, I can trust them with anything. I would have no problem letting my children have a sleep over at the Palin household.

There you have it. It should be clear where I stand on current politics. Now that I've flushed my brain, maybe I can post something about something else...anything else!

Let me know what you think. Appalled, shocked, surprised, support...want to beat me down? Go on and leave a comment.

Be right by DOING RIGHT!

4 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Well, I enjoy reading your posts. Really, I do. I find myself much in agreement with all your opinions. We, too, have guns. I don't like it, but dh did take the initiative to have them in a locked gun cabinet. He has made me learn to shoot most of them, and the older girls have shot some of the ones they can handle. He is a hunter, when there is time, but other than that they are for, like your own home, keeping the critters at bay, and self defense against intruders. He DOES work late hours.
I like Palin. She's seems to have a very level head on her shoulders and can communicate on any societal level. McCain....there are as many pros as cons (maybe A FEW more pros) but Obama is all bad in my book. I'm scared of what he's capable of, to be quite honest.

Ok....jumping off my own soap box, now. This "comment" has rather turned into another post! Ha! Careful what you ask for! ;0)

Jerri Dalrymple said...

What were you doing up at 1:40am anyway!?!

Gimped Redneck said...

What is it they say about great minds? As far as the guns go, It would not bother me hardly at all if I could find no reason to have them.

I must say that, which I didn't mention in the post, The gun's & ammo are kept in seperate places because I know that kids are kids and I do not want anything bad to happen.

Also, the "age appropriate" rule does apply. But, when a dangerous critter has to be dealt with everyone is brought out "after" the happening to keep the fact that gun's have one use, which demands respect.

Late? lol... Many nights I get to bed around 3:00 a.m.. Part of me being gimped...

Gimped Redneck said...

Barak? To be honest I was intrigued with him at first. The more I research him, the more confused I become.

Other than some rather questionable associates, I can't find that he has actually done anything of any good repute or impact.