Friday, June 25, 2004

Disabled Dryer

Ok, it's been 15 days since the hearing and here's the low-down on what all has taken place.

A couple of days after the hearing things start to sink in somewhat. Here's what will take happen concerning it. In somewhere between now and a couple of month's, we will start receiving disability benefits, which will be so very appreciated! We now have confidence that we will be able to repay debt incurred including the few select people who have helped us. You have been a Godsend! Thank you!

For the last couple of month's our dryer has been trying to die. At first just the faint squeak here ant there, but as time moved on, it became more prevalent and finally on the day of the hearing, screeched a non-stop cry of death...No breaks or subsession..Constant, and so loud it would drive one crazy! This dryer has been a very faithful servant and with a few repairs over the past eleven years has proven to be a good investment. But now, it's time had come and with the assurance of income, it was time to replace this relic.
In comes the new player. This fella is a MayTag IntelliDry. A large capacity (which means all the clothes will be dry). Beulah Gale and I are simple people and prefer to purchase simple tools. She found and chose this dryer for the simple design and how it performed. This beast has proven to be very effective in operation and I am sure will last as long as the last.

hint: if you are going to buy a washer or dryer, or any appliance, spend the few extra $$ and get one that is of some quality...It always pays off in the end through the length and quality of service it will give.


The whole family is so very happy with this unit and I personally am happy to see that all the kids from two to eleven years of age, were just as excited as we two adults. Almost like Christmas day.


What I find so pleasing is the fact that the kids participate in all aspects of the family. As my wife and I became stressed and depressed with scary situations, they followed suit (which I do not like), and when we are excited about something as boring as a dryer, they are right there with us also. I have learned so much about family during this difficult period of time. Through all the ups and downs they are there. We are one unit; a family. While this time has been very humbling to me, I cannot honestly say that I would change any of it as I have been shown so much.

I do love my family!

No comments: