Friday, June 04, 2004

Anyone for a Salt Sandwich?

Today was a good day indeed. Asleep @ 4:30 and not up until 9:00 a.m.

Pain was not too out of control.

Ok, now to the living part. My 6 yr. old daughter has hit the stage in her life where she is feeling entitled/mature, for her understandings. Last night she brought in a toy pig on wheels centered on a serving tray. She announced that the ham she had cooked was perfect! My wife and I both had a slice, and it was just right! Today she decided to get a little creative in serving her 7 & 2 yr. old sisters. For her older sister she served a nice cold glass of salt water (at least two tablespoons in a very small glass), and for her younger sister, she got two slices of bread and covered one with salt and put the other slice on top. This salt sandwich was served to her baby sister. Then she commences to come in and ask for a cup of yogurt for herself as she has already taken care of the others. She was so very proud! Here's the deal with all this. Everyone had just eaten lunch and really didn't need to eat anything, so I told her that she needed to wait for supper, but she insisted she was hungry. I ended up telling her to take the food and drink that her siblings for some reason didn't want. Normally I wouldn't do this but this child is so very wasteful. Will take a bite of something and throw the rest in the trash. I've found an apple, peanut butter sandwich, cookies and on and on, in the trash. So I thought I might allow her to eat and drink that which she had prepared and proclaimed was good. Her poor face when she took that first and only bite...Man! Then when she tried to wash it down with the salt water...I think she might have learned her lesson. She didn't understand why normally I tell her to throw out the bread she wastes for the birds, that this time it had to go in the trash!

Such a caring child...lol

No comments: