Friday, December 17, 2004

I Pay My Share!

Hey! I Pay My Taxes, thank you....
You know, I am an American and I do believe in paying my taxes! I do not cheat on my returns and go strictly by the books because I do believe that as an American, I am obligated to do so in order to keep my freedom. It is nothing less than my part.

The part of other's it would seem would be that they are somehow deserving freedom and deem it ok to find every shortcut and "white" cheat possible to get out of paying their "fair" share. Not only do they not feel bad about it, but to the contrary, they boast of their prowess as if they are a jump ahead of it all. Most of these "associates" of mine are self proclaimed liberal democrats, to which I clam to belong to neither camp and vote purely based on the person and their credibility....Nothing more or less. These same people can do nothing but criticize the people holding office if they might be republican and rant about how the current administration is ruining the whole system. When President Bush announced that people would be getting an extra return, all these people raised the dust and proclaimed he would sink the nation, but when the checks showed up, they were in line with me at Wal-Mart spending the money with a smile. Either you are for, or you are against. I personally believe if these shining democrat citizens would quite cheating their beloved nation out of taxes, the issues of an "extra" return would not have been a need.These liberals mostly without knowing, support art endowments (whatever happened to starving artist.....There's plenty of starving carpenters, taxi-cab drivers and factory workers out there...How about that starving office worker or wait person?). They support Planned parenthood and abortion (which I don't believe in because it is my right....And no, I do not shoot doctor's and yell at pregnant teenagers as I do respect their liberty as an individual and if my belief system is right, God will deal with them....I don't have to). They support the homosexual agenda in that one's sexuality should determine one's status and rights. All the while they are supporting this notion through their choice of politics and cheating the system, they are leaving me and others like me, to pay up. They will talk about, harass and heckle the "weird" artist, "promiscuous" teen or homosexual, and Heaven help you if you need any sort of assistance from the welfare system (they are referred to as leeches), yet, the politics they are proclaiming pushes forward that, which as it would appear, supports exactly what they hate.

On the other hand, my taxes go to support public schools which are failing miserably so we homeschool. That's right! We homeschool and still pay taxes in for the public school....Do we receive any tax credit for not adding to the tax system's list of beneficiaries? No....We are Americans and we pay our share. While discussing the public school system, it is important to know that anyone who utilizes them, is basically on Welfare! The public school child is being given an education by the taxes collected from the citizens, you and me.I also am paying an "artist" to mold manure or pose nude for all the world to see...Did we ask to see this....No, but we did pay for it! Was there a national campaign conducted among the "tax-payers", not "tax-cheaters", which would allow us to choose our selection of the artist that should be funded? That's ok though, it is all part of me being a citizen in good standing.
What about that pregnant teen/unwed mother? Did I get them pregnant? Don't think so....Do I believe the teen should be taken up by planned parenthood so they can get an abortion? No I don't. How about the homosexual, should they be afforded the honor of being married? No, marriage is for a man and women, and they should come up with their own institution....It's all a matter of definition. As far as rights that would shadow marriage, I say go ahead....That way we can all be unfairly taxed if we are married or committed to a partner. I would think they would be better of financially if they left things alone. If they are worried about who has control of the others possessions if one should die, then make out a will...power of attorney....Simple enough.
By now, one would probably think I really hold a fair amount of contention for the pregnant teen/unwed mother, artist that receives endowments, or homosexual, (I probably would from what I have written so far). The truth is that while I do not support any of these individuals and their cost to me financially through taxes, I do have compassion for them. They are just like me, flesh and blood, have the same needs for survival, and are a part of the human race. I have fed and financed at various times (when able) these very people when they would otherwise do without, and as guided through Christian compassion and conviction. It is my right not to have to support them through my taxes, and even let them know how I feel, just as they have the same right to not accept my help (not happened yet), and not support my choices and style of life. It is not my right to not help them when their lives are in some sort of peril (Christianity working again).
As a part of a free society and the human race, one who follows the lead of Jesus Christ (who did he turn away in need), it is my duty, honor and obligation to help those who suffer. If I am to be able to love myself and family, then I must also love what we are, and thus have to love and care for society in general. Yes, I have worked with, cared for and helped those who would seem to be hated by the ones whose politics support them.
I personally believe that everything should be tolled. If I am to drive on a certain hiway, then I should pay for it as I use it. Give me an itemized list of everything our taxes go for and let me pay for that which I know I will use. Give me an automatic tag which would keep a record of services I had utilized (the technology is there) and figure my taxes from there on in. If it ends up that I have utilized planned parenthood, then I pay, if not, then no pay.This whole issue has come down to a point that charity leaves a bruise (scarlet letter) on those who need it. It also has taken charity from what it once was, people caring for people, and turned it into a governmental department and tax write-off. I would think that a better system would be one that left charity to society and allowed participants to receive and give as able. There is nothing wrong with charity, but people should be the core of it. If you need my help....Just ask, but never take it by force as the government is now doing. I will give you so much more if you simply ask than if you demand.
My own convictions would have to state that I am an American citizen and I support legitimate taxation. I do not support hypocrisy on the part of the cheaters though. Make them pay their share so I can pay my fair share. I also believe that if our culture is allowed release from illegitimate taxation, we will require less from our government in support; might just turn out that we can actually take care of ourselves. In this, I believe that the individual must stand somewhat accountable for their actions. We all mess up from time to time, but why is it that my mistakes are never ones that allow me to collect money from the rest of society?I proclaim to be neither Republican or Democrat as I do not believe either has an adequate answer to the questions posed by our society at present. I believe Presidents are Puppet's and their corporate puppetmaster's are in control of their "big" moves. Congress is a society within itself where the participants are trying to shape a culture they are severely removed from. I see our society as one who is lazy and seeks every shortcut they can find, as they shirk personal responsibility as citizens of this free nation.. If our govenment is to be one that is ran for and by the people, then people need to speak up, show up, and stand up for their vision of America and how it should be. I also never vote a party ticket, but rather judge the candidates by their past record, past history, and future potential. Liar's and cheater's can be found out quite easily these days on the internet, but how many people actually see the full portrait of the person they are voting for? The media has their own agenda and should be disregarded for lack of credibility (go to the governmental sites and read up before you pick which horse to place "your" money on.)
I know this letter sounds a bit tart, but, I am a little upset from hearing so much about politicians who have no struggles, yet are allowed to determine my fate and taxation. Like the crying Indian said (I can say that because I am Native American), "Don't tell me how to walk until you have walked a mile in my shoes....." I am quite comfortabe speaking boldly because I can back up my claims and observations. I encourage all to become a part of the system rather than being subject to it.
Till next time....

No comments: