Thursday, December 16, 2004

Another Semester Bites the Dust

I finally finished up my last two tests for the semester.

Biology - A
American History - A
Art Appreciation - A
Algebra - ?

The algebra score has me wondering.....it will be close. I really do not understand how a person pursuing a degree in the "arts" is required to take classes that are geared towards the "sciences"? My GPA would be much greater if it were not for the "science" classes I have to take. My majors are in communications and history.....not finance, engineering or medicine.

Maybe someone will realize that the cold war is over and we are no longer in competition with the Soviets. It is only when we began the integrated approach to education that we saw our placement scores in the world drop. What's wrong with students specializing in their choice of degree plans without having to fail in a class that is not related to their final degree plan?

Take art appreciation....please......While I did enjoy it, and I did learn much about the world of art, I would have gladly foregone it for say, and advanced communications or history class! It is nice to know the information gained, and now I speak with some small degree of intelligence when visiting an art gallery, but, I really have no great intents of visiting art galleries in rural Arkansas! Furthermore, this class and others like it ensure that I will spend at the least, another full year in the business of college as a consumer, all the while moving me further away from my pursuits. Makes sense.....require useless classes and increase consumer debt. Institution has higher revenues, book sales increase....and the student pays......smart!

Well, must run errands (the girls are getting new glasses and are so excited) and such.

Remember,

If you want to be right.....you must DO Right!

No comments: