Friday, March 16, 2007

Life Just Keeps Happening...

We’re in the new house and are doing quite a bit of remodeling; as money allows. We’ve installed a new spiral staircase on the outside of the house. It is located where there was a patio, which is now going to become a two-story addition. We are not only enclosing the staircase, but also providing a sitting room off the dining area (upstairs), and schoolroom/library. Downstairs, there is going to be a master closet and mudroom. You can see and read more about it by following this link: http://grdoing.blogspot.com

Things are not moving as fast as I would like, but they are moving none-the-less.

The good wife has interviewed for a job at a local library and is hoping to get it. It will be much less stress than her current job and will also add a bit of a routine when it comes to time and schedules.

I went to the dentist today and had to have two teeth removed. I have been having trouble for some time with them and was scheduled to have root canals, but upon seeing the cost associated and no guarantee that they would last very long, I decided to just get rid of them. The replacement bridge will cost me about three hundred dollars less and will totally end the problem associated with trying to save them.

On the downside of all this was the fact that the roots were very strong and I ended up having to have the surgically removed rather than simply extracted. I will also have to wait two weeks for the gums to heal so that I can have impressions made, and another two weeks for the new teeth to be made. So, a whole month of having to smile on one side of my mouth…will be worth it though.

The good son is learning about vehicle maintenance and last week he changed the oil and rotated the tires on the van. He seems to understand mechanics and doesn’t mind the work. He’s also into building models a great deal; car fever has hit.

The girl’s are doing well also. School is just so easy for them that I am sometimes envious. There’s a lot to be said for marrying someone smart…

That’s about all I have the energy to write about now, so until later…be blessed!

No comments: