Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

The day started out early with the good wife's parents coming over for a holiday breakfast. We had biscuits & gravy, eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon, ham and orange juice. We ate till there was no room.
The dinner with my family was at my sister Donna's house. Did the turkey & fixin's on a large scale. We took homemade pies and Josie (the daughter) made chocolate brownies. This go around was more moderate as breakfast was still very present in memory and attitude.
We had a pretty good time with the visit's though and ended the day with going to my eldest sister's house and cutting some firewood.
Talking about firewood reminds me of the weather we're having. temps have dropped below freezing for the first time this season and is giving cause to warm coat's and heating the house is serious business. Overall, the time of year is perfect and is my favorite.

No comments: