Saturday, November 27, 2004

Epiphany

It's been awhile, so where to start...
.
All my friends who are democrat (seems like most of the people I know) seem to have settled down into a "back to life" attitude. I think the shock that they did not win has finally worn off.
.
As far a school goes, I am caught with the exception of one test and two homework sessions! I finished my Art appreciation class early and will take the final next week! Made a 92% on my history exam, and am waiting for the score on my biology exam. So....all seems to be back on course.
.
My rheumatologist finally gave up on what to do about my liver and has sent me back to my general practitioner....he's a little more confident and I think I will just transfer everything back to him; maybe he can figure out what's goin on..
.
We have been looking at properties to potentially move to and found a couple, but we have decided to stay where we are for a season and fix our house up, to include an addition, then sell out. This route should maximize our efforts and increase our profits as we will be doing the remodel required and adding square footage at the same time.
.
Here are some conclusions I have come to as a result of our struggles:

  1. There is nobody who is willing to step up and help others if it will cost them anything. (most people I know who have the ability to help)
  2. The ones who will help are the ones who need help. (most people I know who do not have the ability to help)
  3. We have been working for most of our married life to protect our dream of owning and improving our home.
  4. This home has served to become the purpose of most of our efforts (works).
  5. We have pinned our dreams of the future on a wooden structure.
  6. This wooden structure has become of extreme consequence in our lives.
  7. This wooden structure has led to extreme anxiety and depression.
  8. This wooden structure could be gone tomorrow.

.

My new philosophy:

  1. If I invest money in anything long-term, it should show a profit.
  2. Nothing a person "own's" should be allowed to become an energy (time and money) vacuum.
  3. Every investment in physical property should be considered a means for increase.
  4. The investment must work for you
  5. One must never allow physical property to assume the role of ownership.
  6. No physical property should become so emotionally attached that it allows loss.
  7. Loss equates to physical, mental, or financial drain.
  8. A home is most likely the largest investment in money, time, energy, and emotion that most people will make.
  9. Most people have an upside down view of investing in a home.
  10. Once an investment in a home has been made, the owners slowly begin to function for the sake of the home.
  11. The home should function for the owner.
  12. Once the structure has been correctly applied, the person who is "able" is obligated to assist others to a position of ability.

.

In this philosophy, I have been serving my home, and not the other way around. My or anyone's home, should fulfill a function of some form of provision. Once it stops, it is time to cash out and reinvest.

It is time for this family to cash out and find a place that functions for us!

It is also this family's time to move toward becoming enabled!

In ability, it is imperative for this family to never forget how much, the help of those "enabled" would have been, and in this, to always be an enabler to those seeking ability.

I am looking forward to posting our progress in this philosophy here.

I think it is going to be quite a journey!

Until then,

Shalom!

If you want to be right, then "DO" Right!

No comments: